Find Your Preservation Story – Who can I talk to if I need information as I begin my preservation project?
- Section 1: Preservation Curriculum for Teachers
- Section 2.1: Learning Objectives
- Section 2.2: Lesson Plans
- Section 3: 101 Ideas for Preservation Education
- Section 4.1: Archive Guide
- Section 4.2 – Glossary of Architecture Terms
- Section 4.3: Glossary of Preservation Terms
- Section 4.4: Research Guide
- Section 4.5: Letters to Parents and Admins
- Section 5.1: Print and Online Resources
- Section 5.2: People in Preservation
For questions about these educational resources or about getting involved in preservation activities in Iowa, visit the Preservation Iowa website at http://preservationiowa.org and explore the reources. You can contact PI Board Members through the site and find a list of those currently serving on the Board or as Board Advisors at http://www.preservationiowa.org/about/board-of-directors/.
For other assistance with a preservation project, the people listed in the Preservation Iowa Consultant/Contractor Directory, with combined decades of experience, may be able to help you: http://www.preservationiowa.org/resources/preservation-directory/. This is a starting place for preservation projects and restoration work.
This project was supported in part by the State Historical Society of Iowa, Historical Resource Development Program.