Find Your Preservation Story – Welcome!
We’re delighted you want to bring the stories of Iowa’s historic buildings into your classroom. To get you started we want to provide you with as many helpful, exciting educational resources as possible. In this packet, you’ll find:
- Guided lesson plans and literature recommendations for learning
- Activity ideas for preservation education in and outside the classroom
- Worksheets, glossaries, and guides to aid students’ preservation research
- Resources for research and additional learning about preservation
- Section 1: Preservation Curriculum for Teachers
- Section 2.1: Learning Objectives
- Section 2.2: Lesson Plans
- Section 3: 101 Ideas for Preservation Education
- Section 4.1: Archive Guide
- Section 4.2 – Glossary of Architecture Terms
- Section 4.3: Glossary of Preservation Terms
- Section 4.4: Research Guide
- Section 4.5: Letters to Parents and Admins
- Section 5.1: Print and Online Resources
- Section 5.2: People in Preservation
Also, we realize that even though you are the educator, you may be learning of Preservation Iowa for the first time. For a brief description of this non-profit agency, please read the “Our Story: Preservation Iowa” introduction that follows in Section One.
If at any point you have questions about these materials or PI, please contact us at email@example.com. Finally, we’re always interested in hearing about the stories you find or other positive experiences in your classroom, so please feel free to email your stories to our board president or use our contact box on the PI website (http://preservationiowa.org).
We hope you and your students learn a lot and uncover a few great stories, too!
The Preservation Iowa Board