1600 South 16th Street, Clarinda
Western Touring Area
In use: early 1900s
Directions: Highway 71 on the south edge of Clarinda (2 blocks south of intersection of Hwy. 2)
Hours: Tuesday through Sunday May through September 1 – 5:00 PM, October through April 3 – 4:00 PM. and by appointment
Nodaway Valley Historical Museum
1600 South 16th Street, P.O. Box 393
Clarinda, Iowa 57632
Phone: 712- 582-3073
- Some work has been done to preserve the school.
- The school is maintained as a museum.
- Students are brought to the school for history programs.
- The school is used as a community center for meetings.
- The school is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Birthplace of 4-H