Posted by CC on February 16th, 2008 10:21 am
A blaze broke out in Mount Vernon’s Commercial Historic District on Wednesday, February 13, 2008. Firefighters from 14 fire departments were called to the scene beginning around 11:30 am. News reports indicate the fire began in the basement of Scorz Bar & Grill, which opened for business in December. It damaged the restaurant, second-story apartments, and the roof, but was kept from spreading to adjacent buildings.
To find out more, go to: www.gazetteonline.com