The Most Endangered Properties program started in 1995 to educate Iowans about the special buildings, sites, and structures that are slowly and gradually slipping away from us.
The Most Endangered Properties program provides an excellent resource for media coverage and introduces owners of an endangered property to preservation advocacy and resources that can help preserve their historic property. Additionally, there have been interest groups who have used the designation as a mechanism to leverage other financial resources to restore and preserve properties.
If you know of an important building, Preservation Iowa encourages you to nominate it as one of the 2020 Most Endangered Properties. A panel of judges reviews each nomination based on four criteria:
- Present condition
- The (historic) significance of the building, site, or structure
- The urgency & nature of the threat
- The possible solutions that would remove threats to the place
The nomination form is available for DOWNLOAD or by sending an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org or downloading from this page.
To submit a nomination to the Most Endangered Properties Program e-mail your Nomination Form, digital images, letters of support, etc. to email@example.com. Please use “Most Endangered Properties Nomination” in the e-mail subject line. Images may also be sent using a file transfer service, such as Drop Box, Google Drive, or We Transfer. If using Google Drive, ensure that permissions are set to allow anyone with the link to download prior to sending.
Nomination Packet Must Include:
- Completed Nomination Form – be sure to complete all parts of the form.
- At least two (2) and no more than four (4) high resolution (minimum 300 dpi, 2MB in size) images. Ideally, one image preceding threat or an historic image and one current image. Please include photo credits.
There is NO nomination fee.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, December 2, 2019
Submission to Most Endangered Properties provides Preservation Iowa permission to use materials in organization promotional materials.
Any additional questions may be directed to Leigh Ann Randak at 319-337-9581 or firstname.lastname@example.org.