400 3rd Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
Damage: Located in basement took on water building now clean and in use
Status: Moved to outbuilding owned by Salem UMC
Construction date: 1950
Addition date: None was addition to Trinity Church
The building housing the Matthew 25 Ministry Hub was constructed in the (1970’s?) as an addition to the adjacent Trinity United Methodist Church. The buildings were connected via an underground tunnel. Trinity Church was torn down following the flood, although the tunnel remains (it is now blocked off at one end and used for storage). Matthew 25 plans to relocate soon to an outbuilding owned by Salem United Methodist Church several blocks east (old auto shop, now called “Salem’s Lighthouse”). However, the Trinity fellowship hall will remain in place at 400 3rd Ave. SW. Trinity Church itself is undecided on its future; it may rebuild on the original site or it may seek a new location.